I had fun playing the demo. We were extremely tired when recording but it wasn't .
She Dreams Elsewhere
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
You wake up in a foggy haze with one hell of a headache. The way ahead is dark and foreboding. You remember who you are, but not a lick of how you got there. And to top it off, you’ve got an persistent little bitch of a doppelgänger out for your blood at all times.
Welcome to your coma. Enjoy your stay!
SHE DREAMS ELSEWHERE is a surreal adventure JRPG about dreams and the extent to which they mirror reality. You play as Thalia Sullivan, a high strung, anxiety-ridden, comatose woman on a journey to defeat the nightmares preventing her from awakening, while also finding out how exactly this mess happened in the first place.
But some nightmares are harder to confront than others…
F E A T U R E S:
- A deeply personal narrative with a thematic focus on emotions, mental illness and self-identity
- A surreal, visually-striking world brimming with mystery that begs you to explore its every detail
- An easy to learn, yet difficult to master turn-based battle system that pits you against a variety of nightmarish beings
- Customize your characters with the "Charm" system, allowing for a wealth of different playstyles and battle strategies
- Status ailments that can be used and abused with every enemy, bosses included - but be warned; if you're not careful, they can devastate you just as easily...
- Connect and bond with a diverse cast of characters with their own intimate narratives via the "Dream Link" system
- Three difficulty modes for those who want to simply experience the story (Easy), face a true challenge (Normal) or have their limits pushed to the edge (Nightmare)
- Optional "New Game Plus" and "Developer Commentary" modes, plus various accessibility features
- A original, ethereal soundtrack composed by Mimi Page, supplemented with tracks by up-and-coming indie artists
Keep up with the game on social media!
Coming soon to PC, Mac and Linux early 2019!
- The "Connection" System: How it Works (aka sidequests)15 hours ago
- Featured on POLYGON!73 days ago
- Demo is live NOW!79 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
So far, so good! Really enjoying the demo! The dialogue to me is fairly realistic and representative of our times.
I couldn't seem to open the Mac version of the demo? Has this happened for anyone else?
i love these character & enemy designs! good music and interesting dialogue. talk to dogs to heal? excelent. super looking forward to this