Really enjoying the game, seems super fun! Liking all the characters and music is superb! Made a video, hope you enjoy!
She Dreams Elsewhere
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
You wake up in a foggy haze with one hell of a headache. The way ahead is dark and foreboding. You remember who you are, but not a lick of how you got there. And to top it off, you’ve got an persistent little bitch of a doppelgänger out for your blood at all times.
Welcome to your coma. Enjoy your stay!
SHE DREAMS ELSEWHERE is a surreal adventure RPG about dreams and the extent to which they mirror reality. You play as Thalia Sullivan, a high strung, anxiety-ridden, comatose woman on a journey to defeat the nightmares preventing her from awakening, while also finding out how exactly this mess happened in the first place.
But some nightmares are harder to confront than others…
F E A T U R E S:
- A deeply personal narrative with a thematic focus on emotions, mental illness and self-identity
- A surreal, visually-striking world brimming with mystery that begs you to explore its every detail
- An easy to learn, yet difficult to master turn-based battle system that pits you against a variety of nightmarish beings
- Customize your characters with the "Charm" system, allowing for a wealth of different playstyles and battle strategies
- Status ailments that can be used and abused with every enemy, bosses included - but be warned; if you're not careful, they can devastate you just as easily...
- Connect and bond with a diverse cast of characters with their own intimate narratives via the "Connection" system
- Optional "New Game Plus" and "Developer Commentary" modes, plus various accessibility features
- A original, ethereal soundtrack composed by Mimi Page, supplemented with tracks by up-and-coming indie artists
Keep up with the game on social media!
Coming soon to PC, Mac and Linux in 2019!
|Updated||10 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Genre||Role Playing, Adventure|
|Made with||RPG Maker|
|Tags||1-bit, 2D, Abstract, Dark, Experimental, Female Protagonist, psychedelic, RPG Maker, Surreal|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Playstation controller|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Configurable controls|
|Links||Steam, Blog, Steam, Twitter, YouTube|
- The official full-length trailer is here!34 days ago
- It's official - we're a part of the 2019 INDIE MEGABOOTH!50 days ago
- The "Connection" System: How it Works (aka sidequests)55 days ago
- Featured on POLYGON!Dec 11, 2018
- Demo is live NOW!Dec 05, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I just finished the demo and i spend a ver time ! I'm really looking foward the complete game. The story, the characters the atmosphere seems really interresting.
I really recommend to play the demo !
Played through the demo and had a good time. What caught my attention was the music playing in the trailer. The sound and music in this game are incredible. The visuals are very nice and really set a surreal mood. I like the characters and the direction the story is headed.
Lit, worth checking out.
Looks fantastic, can't wait for the full game
Hey! Thanks for letting me know, I think I know what's happening - I'll get on that and see if I can provide a fix. :)
Tried the game on Debian testing too. Same crashes over here.
This game was a real treat. I'm so glad I played the demo and can't wait for the full game!
One thing I thought I should mention, though, is that the filter over the dream at the begining of the game doesn't fully cover the screen. At the very top it cuts out and you can see sort of a bright purple line. Its not a huge deal but I figured you might want to know.
I had fun playing the demo. We were extremely tired when recording but it wasn't .
So far, so good! Really enjoying the demo! The dialogue to me is fairly realistic and representative of our times.
I couldn't seem to open the Mac version of the demo? Has this happened for anyone else?
i love these character & enemy designs! good music and interesting dialogue. talk to dogs to heal? excelent. super looking forward to this